Trusted from the start
Shell has been a pioneer in aviation fuels and lubricants for over a century. Generations of pilots have trusted AeroShell products in their aircraft. Engines and oil technology have changed, but our commitment to pilots remains the same, which is why you can trust AeroShell.
A Comprehensive range for simplicity and safety
The comprehensive AeroShell helicopter range is designed to make your life simpler and to keep you flying. It can help you to simplify your inventory and reduce the risk of using an incorrect product.
Doing business with a single supplier can also make procurement easier and reduce administration costs.
- AeroShell Turbine Engine Oils with third-generation AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 (ASTO 560) synthetic oil for reduced coking and improved wear resistance in modern jet engines
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 (ASTO 555), an advanced synthetic oil with improved thermal and oxidation stability and increased load-carrying capacity essential for use in helicopter transmissions and gearboxes.It was developed for demanding jet engine applications, including those used to power Concord, the world’s first supersonic passenger aircraft.
With the need to transmit more power and higher loads through helicopter gearboxes, it has become apparent that MIL-PRF-23699 oils may not be completely satisfactory, which led to the development of the DOD-PRF-85734A specification.
Many helicopter manufacturers have turned to the high load carrying capacity of ASTO 555, which meets the new specification.
- AeroShell Piston Engine Oils, including AeroShell Oil W15-W50 premium multigrade, semi-synthetic, ashless-dispersant oil for excellent protection in extreme ambient temperatures
- AeroShell Greases, including AeroShell Grease 14 multipurpose helicopter grease for protection against fretting and corrosion, which can be particularly prevalent in high-vibration helicopter applications and offshore or other corrosive environmentsIt uses a high-quality mineral base oil and a calcium soap thickener. It is inhibited against corrosion and oxidation, has special anti-rust additives and gives outstanding protection against fretting. AeroShell Grease 14 has a wide temperature range, meets the MIL-G-25537 specification and is approved by all the leading helicopter manufacturers.
It is widely used as a multipurpose helicopter grease, particularly for most helicopter main- and tail-rotor bearings.
- AeroShell Hydraulic Fluids, including AeroShell Fluid 41 “super-clean” hydraulic fluid for improved performance.